Implementing redundancies can be extremely challenging and emotive but the outcome will be much more positive all round if it is handled well, and it’s in everyone’s best interests to do just that.
We provide expertise, experience and support through all stages of reduncancy programmes, from the initial restructuring proposal to the point when people leave. Working with your management team we’ll ensure that all stakeholders understand what is happening, why it’s happening and what it means to them.
Having external support helps everyone by demonstrating a fair and thorough plan delivered professionally rather than emotionally.
Our career counselling and outplacement support helps to ensure that people leave feeling positive about the way their situation was handled and avoid all the implications of litigation and tribunal claims.
- advise on and ensure compliance with employment law and best practice
- draft presentations and all other employee related documents
- manage and attend employee consultation meetings
- work with professional advisors e.g. lawyers and unions
- minimise the impact on productivity and morale
- define costs and obligations for compensation, pensions, share schemes and other benefits
- provide outplacement and career coaching support to those affected.
In all cases we have helped management teams to achieve their target cost savings, successfully implement their new structures and avoid successful tribunal claims. We have also retained an ongoing relationship with all these companies to provide their outsourced HR support.
Organisational restructure and redundancy programme – for a utility business with entities in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man, the challenges were cross border legislation but, more importantly, financial constraints as the client was looking to minimise costs wherever possible. Our work helped the client to achieve its objectives for the restructure, and, although a case of unfair dismissal went to tribunal, the defendant’s case was said to have no merit as the redundancy plan we put in place was sound and well executed resulting in no compensation costs.
The consolidation of the business phase is on time and going to plan.