30 July 2019
What is a contract of employment?
As a legally binding document, failure to provide employees with a written contract not only breaches the law but also creates lack of clarity as neither party know their exact rights, duties or obligations.
In our guide, we look at:
- What should be covered in employment contracts, including:
- Express, implied and incorporated terms
- A written statement - the key terms and conditions that exist between the employer and the employee
- Other additional protective clauses to consider, such as disciplinary procedures, examples of misconduct and email, internet and social media rules
- Things to remember when creating an employment contract